September is National Sewing Month
All links in my posts are orange. Any word with a double line beneath it is not my link. I apologize for this inconvenience. This change is effective beginning 09-10-2014.
Disclaimer: I am not compensated by any person/company. All opinions are my own unless in quotation marks.
Featured Sewing Blog
Heather Valentine’s blog, “The Sewing Loft” is packed full of fun & education.
- Sewing IQ quiz which consists of 12 questions. It’s fun, educational & some of the questions are tricky! (read carefully before answering)Hint: Q8 is the trickiest!
- Tips for Printing Patterns at home. Ever need some tips for ALL those pieces of paper? Hallelujah! These tips are great!
- …& much more!
Did you know?
You are most likely aware Joann Fabric & Crafts stores have classrooms where they teach crafts & sewing. However, the classrooms are not always in use. When they aren’t the store offers “Open Time” for your meetings. The cost? FREE!
This is great! My house just isn’t big enough for meetings and I would love to have a sewing circle.
Threads® Magazine Article Highlights
On Threads® Magazine’s website offers many articles to help seamstresses gain expertise. There are lots of photos and the information is clearly written. A sewer doesn’t need to have experience to understand the directions.
The New column “Threads Daily” currently offers the following articles:
- 19 Essential Fabric Tips & Tricks you should know.
- Project Runway Season 13; Episode 8 highlights.
- Q & A on September 24, 2014 with sewing expert Louise Cutter. Also, Louise Cutter’s “Quick Sew” DVD giveaway. Available at the Threads Magazine store price regularly
- How to Cut and Sew a Decorative Bias Facing.
- Watch It’s Sew Easy Episode 512 online.
If you are an on-line member you have access to the “Insider” column.
Online membership provides you total access to premium Threads videos, articles, tips and much more. Plus, you get FREE tablet editions of Threadsmagazine with your paid membership.
Enjoy digital access to:
- Videos from top sewing experts
- Threads magazine’s most recent issues
- A collection of essential resources from Threads
- Exclusive articles, the Insider pattern collection, and our 360° garment viewer
- Plus so much more! Scroll down to see all the benefits
That’s over $350 worth of premium Insider-only content!”
Giveaways & Events
#1 The daily entry on AllFreeSewing.com National Sewing Month 2014 Grand Prize Giveaway! Original post on Bagg Lady’s Buzz
#2 NEW The daily entry on AllFreeSewing.com giveaway book; Start Stitching between September 15 – 29, 2014. Book review.
#3 NEW The daily entry on AllFreeSewing.com giveaway; 12 Yards of Assorted FreeSpirit Fashion Fabrics (Coats & Clark) between September 15 & October 15, 2014. Plus a free eBook “How to Make Your Own Clothes; FreeSpirit Fashion Fabrics.
Get Ready for the Million Pillowcase Sew-A-Thon 09/19-20 Original Post here. Event finished but Pillowcases are still needed!
#5 Don’t forget the KAL/CAL began 09-09-2014. It’s not too late to start! Original Post here. Clues 1 & 2 are already published.
#6 If you haven’t registered for the Wild & Crazy Cuddle Giveaway remember registration ends 09-30-2014 Original Post here.
#7 If you haven’t left a comment to register for the Storage Solutions giveaway by Threads magazine & Go-Organize Original Post here.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Please accept my apology. I missed a week of posts due to unforeseen events in my life. Tomorrow New Charity Highlight